01 November 2017

Swiss National Day 2017 in Miami

MIAMI,FL: Happy Birthday Switzerland! The Alpine Nation is officially 726 years old!  Every year, South Florida’s Swiss Community joins together in merriment at Fritz and Franz Bierhaus in Coral Gables to celebrate the country’s beloved birthday.


 It was my second year attending the festivities, celebrating everything Swiss. There were dozens of Lindt Swiss Chocolate Bars, Swiss Wine, even Swiss Cheese Bruschetta Appetizers.  This year, I was asked by the Swiss American Club of Miami asked me to present the sponsors for the event.
For decades, my grandparents lived in Freiburg, Germany located, just a stone throw away from Switzerland.  I remember staring outside of my oma’s  window at the beautiful Swiss Mountains.
Constance Jones speaking at the 2017 Miami Swiss National Day Event
Constance Jones with her husband Troy Simmons
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment