05 April 2018

My Mother's Personal Reflection: 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Death


With her golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes, my mother easily fills the room with her beautiful presence.  She captivates you with her brilliant smile, turning heads everywhere she goes.  After marrying my father, three little brown girls were added to this picture of perfection.  

Needless to say, my mother is amazing. Despite the years of racism she experienced, she raised my sisters and I to be strong, confident women. My mother rarely speaks about the problems issues she endured as a young mother with mixed race children in the 70s and 80s. But I'm happy she shared her personal reflections of the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s death.

Here’s my mother’s post:


No comments:

Post a Comment