19 February 2015

Where to Stay in Miami?

White sandy beaches, delectable savory foods and amazingly beautiful people-- it's no surprise that Miami is one of the most visited places in the world.  After living in the heart of the city for over seven years, I am often asked "Where should I stay?"  So, I've compiled a list of my top spots!

(MOST ROMANTIC) Surfcomber Hotel (17171 Collins Ave, Miami Beach) $330/ Nightly
My husband & I stayed at this hotel, when my current employer was trying to "woo me" to work at the ABC News station.  It's a beachfront hotel, that is absolutely breathtaking!   The historic Art Deco architecture blends in beautifully with all the modern upgrades to the property. 
(BEST VALUE) Hotel Astor (956 Washington Ave/Miami Beach)  Estimated at $170/200 Nightly
Unlike the other boutique hotels you find along Washington and Collins Avenue, Hotel Astor has large modern guest rooms.  My friend stayed at the hotel during Art Basel and was pleasantly surprised with the size! It's close to Ocean drive, yet far from the crazy crowds.
(MOST BEAUTIFUL) Mondrian South Beach  (1100 West Ave, Miami Beach) $230/ Nightly
This place is amazing! The décor is beautiful, the pool is huge and there are several restaurants on the property.  There's one major drawback! The hotel is several blocks away from the beach.  There are guestrooms with stunning waterfront views of Biscayne Bay, but you still have to take a cab to get to the beach and most of the entertainment.  Your ride should only take you about 5-10 minutes.
(COOLEST HOTEL)The Standard Miami Beach (40 Island Ave, Miami Beach)  $300 Nightly
Looking for celebrities, you should definitely come here!  Chic atmosphere with cool people! I love the tropical/garden theme of the property. But, it's NOT ON THE BEACH! You have to take a cab! But again, I love this place!   
(SEXIEST HOTEL) Dream Hotel (111 Collins Ave) $245 Nightly 
I hosted my 30th birthday party at Dream Hotel. It’s super sexy and cute! They have a rooftop pool and bar, along with 2 restaurants on property.  If you are looking for a “Miami” themed hotel, this is the place. The only drawback: it’s small. Depending on the sleeping situation, it could get a little cramped. Do you have any suggestions on places to stay in Miami? Leave them down below!  


No comments:

Post a Comment