20 January 2014

Recipe: Easy Apple Crisp



 In my effort to be healthier this year-- I went on an "apple binge." Well, I realized I bought too many when I counted 24 Gala apples in the fridge! That's way to many for me and my hubby-so I decided to cook a few with this fun simple recipe!

5 lbs (8-10) apples, of a variety that will hold its shape during cooking,
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs lemon juice
6 Tbs unsalted butter, melted 
1/2 cup of rolled oats

Slicing and Tossing. Peel, core, and cut the apples by hand! Cut the apple lengthwise into thirds. Put the apples into a bowl- then mix in the sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and melted butter!

Baking – 45 minutes at 375-degrees. Pour the apples into the baking dish and sprinkle oats over the apples. You will know the apples are ready when they are fork-tender.
Served hot or even cold!! These apple slices are wonderful with heavy cream or ice cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment