23 April 2014

Constance Jones at Hispanicize 2014

Constance Jones with NBC 6's Kelly Blanco & Telemundo's Denise Isaac!
Hispanicize is the largest annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in social media, journalism, advertising, public relations, film, music and innovation! I wanted to attend to learn from the best in the business! 
Constance Jones with PR Guru Aileen Abella and Luly B
 The event took place at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami, April 1-4. The focus was to connect vendors with influential news-makers (IE- Media/Broadcasters/Bloggers). I was surrounded by fellow bloggers--looking to make contact with national brands. 
Bloggers Aileen VanPelt with NewsyParent and Jewel Figueras with JewelsFabLife!
Overall-- I felt the workshops were just "okay!" Nothing amazing or groundbreaking discussed in the sessions. Of course, I did not attend every workshop--t but I felt that Hispanicize was more about networking--rather than learning tools to expand your social media presence.
Breaking it Down in the Target Booth!
Would I go again??? Heck yeah! I made some AMAZING contacts!! Do you have any suggestions for other social media events? 

No comments:

Post a Comment