25 July 2018

Constance Jones acting on "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story"



Constance Jones on "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story"
MIAMI, FL: It's not uncommon to see a local newscaster from New York or Miami pop up on the big and small screen in a different capacity! Oftentimes, directors want to cast the real thing, to convey a particular message that you simply wouldn’t get from an actor.


Snapping a quick selfie in my trailer before filming

That is why I jumped at the chance to be casted in The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story.  The season premiered earlier this year and consisted of a total of 9 episodes.  The story revolves around Andrew Cunanan the alleged killer of famed fashion designer Gianni Versace.


The casting process was relatively easy. I was given about 10 lines to memorize. I did my audition and a few days later I got a call back saying I got the part.

The actual day of filming was a different story.  In a standard news setting, you are expected to go live and “ab-lib” your way through the story.  This day, I was expected to recite my lines with dozens of cameras circling around me, along with hundreds of extras, police helicopters (to complete the ambience of the scene) paired with dozens of other distractions. Needless to say, it made execution very difficult and challenging.  Thankfully, I muddled my way through it.

The true test came the day the episode aired on the FX Network.  I did not know whether they had cut my scene completely or in part. Thankfully, they kept it all. You can find my clip here below , 2 minutes and 32 seconds in.


No comments:

Post a Comment