10 March 2014

7 Tips for Choosing the Perfect Name for Your Company

Having an amazing name is very important if you are starting a new company. But--a good name is NOT GOOD unless you can connect it with a great domain name for your website.
When I decided to launch my online baby beanie and newborn photography prop shop,  I spent weeks trying to come up with the perfect name.  After much deliberation, I decided to use a name that was very dear to me as a child- Huggabeans.  I don’t have any children (yet)-but I did have a baby doll! 
Her name was Huggy-Bean! But instead of calling her HuggyBean—I pronounce her name “HuggaBeans!”   
 Here are some simple tips to help you find the best name for you!  
1.Think about related words in your industry. Search the thesaurus and dictionary!
2. Search for the domain names before you decide on a name
3. Exam the competition. What types of names do your competitors have?
4. Think beyond the norm! Try to be creative when thinking of a catchy name.
5. Think about your target customer. What would entice them?
6. Get Input- Ask your family and friends for possible feedback. 

7. Translate to German, Spanish or any other language. It might surprise you!

Do you have any suggestions-- to picking the perfect name for your company.  
Please-- share your comments and share the post! Thanks so much!-Love Constance Jones
Constance Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment