16 April 2012

Reporter Ranger Creed


Working as a reporter can be difficult! Just imagine, you arrive at a crime scene, police are in place as K-9 units search for an armed suspect. The tone is very intense as you prepare your live report—
which airs in 3-2-1!

Jumping in front of a camera to deliver a story to thousands of viewers is NOT EASY! It takes confidence and experience. When I first started, my father gave me the inspiration I needed to tackle the job!


My father's service to our country epitomizes the Army Value of selfless service. After spending over twenty years in the Army, Retired First Sergeant George Jones remained loyal to his military foundations by picking up a job as a
Junior Reserved Officers Training Corps Instructor.

His career in the military includes several years of service as an Army Ranger! For those who don’t know, Army Rangers are the BEST TRAINED soldiers in the world! They are lethal, agile, and capable of carrying out many special operations missions! My father spent years as a member of this elite team.


When I first started my position as a television journalist, I was petrified! My lack of experience was clearly reflected in my performance. But my dad told me I was the daughter of an Army Ranger, therefore I should be able to handle anything! He re-wrote the Ranger Creed—for me!

Feel free to replace the word “reporter” with your profession!

Reporter Ranger Creed

RECOGNIZING that I volunteered as an Reporter Ranger, fully knowing the demands of my chosen profession. I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige,
honor, and high esprit de corps of the Reporter Ranger.
ACKNOWLEDGING the fact that a Reporter Ranger is a more elite reporter who arrives at the cutting edge of reporting by land, sea, or air. I accept the fact that as a Reporter Ranger—peers, state, country and superiors expects me to move further, faster and learn more than any other Reporter Ranger
NEVER shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physical strong, and morally straight. I will shoulder more than my share of the task; whatever it may be: 100% and then some.
GALLANTLY will show the community and company that I am a specially selected and well-trained Reporter Ranger. My courtesy to my peers, superior, staff members, my company, neatness of dress, and love and care for my family, Savior and job shall be an example for others to emulate.
ENERGETICALLY will I meet other reporters in my city, state and country. I shall defeat them on the field of reporting and anchoring. For I am better trained and will work and compete with all my might. Surrender and lose are not Reporter Ranger words. I will never leave a fallen comrade or a story to be told behind in the hands of a non-achiever. Under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my peers, company, community and my Savior.
READILY will I display intestinal fortitude required to “Report” on to the objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. For I am an Reporter Ranger!
 

1 comment: